I know things have seemed quiet lately, but this morning Matisyn came through with some excitement. She slipped her leg through the slat of one of our chairs and got it stuck. She wailed in pain when I tried to pull it out. I ended up slipping off her pajamas and attempting to slide her leg out with lotion and then vegetable oil. Both were extremely messy and unsuccessful. I had Matt on the web cam trying to help me troubleshoot. I pulled and twisted, she cried, Emilyn crawled through the vegetable oil on the floor, and the scene was one of complete chaos. By this time Matisyn's leg had swollen after being stuck for almost a half hour, and there was no hope of getting it out. . . so I went out to the shed to hunt for a tool. Her leg was finally free after I cut my chair with a saw. Matisyn was so proud of me. She kept saying "Mommy, you're doing such hard work just like Daddy! Thank you, thank you for getting me out." Earlier she had just kept saying "I'm never getting out of this chair."





Emilyn is crawling all over now and getting into everything. Here are some shots of her curious little adventures.





Matisyn asked me to take a picture of her and her sis. When I got the camera she grabbed Ems and pulled her down. Emilyn is going to be one tough girl, Mads drags her all over the place. She picks her up to show us how strong she is, and Ems still just smiles when she sees Matisyn coming.
Here are some pictures of Emilyn splashing in the sink. I couldn't pick favorites because they were all so cute. She has so much personality.







Showing off her two little teeth





Crawling under the dishwasher while I was trying to unload it. She also loves to pull everything out and put it in her mouth. Yum, dirty dishes!

No comments:
Post a Comment