

Serious posing for the camera
Emilyn thinking she is so funny. She can out eat Matisyn most nights, this one was no exception.
Shaking her booty!
Doing a little danceI should probably keep this one to myself, but I know there are too many of you out there that will get a kick out of it, and say, oh, that Matisyn, what a character. . . and then be thankful it is me who is getting to parent her! Her friend Maili ran up from the basement and said, "Matisyn peed." I assumed peed her pants, although that hardly ever happens now. A few seconds later up comes Matisyn carrying a bucket, that used to hold toys, and now holds a yellow liquid. "Uh, oh, Mommy, I thought this was a potty." Calm, calm, I tell myself, she is hoping for a reaction. I explain to her that the toy bucket is certainly not a potty and that she knows very well that it is not a potty. She had left her underwear in the wet bucket. When I went down to check out the rest of the damage I found that she had gone in the tent, and missed the bucket a bit. I guess I'm grateful that she was in the tent that is easy to wipe up and not on our nice new carpet. Do you think she thought she was winter camping and had no other option? She does have quite the imagination and that would make her Daddy proud. I'm hopeful that this will not happen again!
Matisyn Quotes:
Along with our sad week, we haven't told Matisyn much. We told her that Izzy's Papa died, and that we were really sad about it. The rest she must have just picked up from what she heard when we were at Reagan's and what Matt and I have said to each other. She keeps randomly bringing it up, like today she said, "Mommy, Izzy's Papa died and I miss him. I want to see him again." Yesterday just tore at my heart strings. We were in the car on the way to swim lessons early in the morning.
"Emilyn misses her Daddy." (When she says Emilyn feels something it usually means what she is feeling.) "Mommy, sometimes Daddies get hit and die, and they don't come back. Sometimes Papas do too, and Mommies too. I don't want that Mommy, I want everything to stay the same."
What do I say to that? I do too, Matisyn, I do too.
On a lighter note, Matt and Matisyn took my car to Costco last night. When they got in Matisyn said, "Wow, Mommy's right, this car really is crapped." Matt liked that she turned the word crap into a verb!
We've been trying to teach Matisyn that we don't marry family or girls. (I know that will be confusing as she sets off in the world.) She really wants to marry her Daddy, her cousin David, and her friends Izzy and Maili, all of which are not viable options. We told her she could marry her friends Porter or Cooper. She said, "We don't marry friends or cousins, silly." I guess a little is getting through to her. I hope she does marry someone who is a friend too someday though.
Then we asked her how old you have to be when you get married. She said, "Ten." We then asked how old she thought we were and she said after thinking for a bit, "Five."
No comments:
Post a Comment