
We had a brush-up week for swim lessons this week. Our lessons are at 8:00 and Matisyn has been waking me up at 6:30 so we wouldn't be late! I bought her a new swim cap and goggles and she has been wearing them everywhere. She wears them in the bath, and around the house. I think she's ready to start the swim season. She has again done a fabulous job. The lessons are short, only ten minutes, but intense, and she's exhausted by the end. Although it is Matisyn so she would keep swimming if she could! She has no problem jumping off the board or the side, or going off the slide, and swimming by herself to the side. She could do this last summer too, but it's good to know she hasn't lost her skills. She can swim across the pool by herself. We're just working on getting her to keep her head looking down when she's swimming so when she starts her strokes she will breathe with her head to the side instead of pulling it up. She is still our little fish!


Along with our early swim lessons I've been sick all week. Matisyn and Emilyn have been hanging on to a cough for a couple weeks now, and I'm thinking they gave me their cold. I think I ended up with strep throat and I'm feeling better now with an antibiotic. I'm still exhausted and coughing though. Matisyn has been on one this week, probably because I'm not up to giving her as much action and attention that she is used to, and Emilyn doesn't feel the greatest so she's been pretty clingy and needy. I'm hoping we will all be healthy again by next week, with a lot more energy. I can't complain though, for the most part we've stayed pretty free of sickness this season. I'd like to get back to that healthy pattern after this though, and I'm looking forward to having a voice again!
Here's a little video of Matisyn swimming today.
She is amazing! I wish Jens was that good.
ReplyDeleteMatisyn is such a good swimmer. I love the tutu, goggles, swim cap outfit. so funny!
ReplyDelete