Monday, August 22, 2011

Quotes

Quotes...The Things they Say!

Matisyn:

Discussion with Matt during sacrament meeting at church after the bread was passed around:
Matisyn:  I want some more bread.
Matt:  We only get a little piece.
Matisyn:  Why?
Matt:  To remind us of Jesus.
Matisyn:  If I had a whole piece I would remember Jesus for the whole year!

On the way to the daddy/daughter camp out last weekend Matisyn said, "Wow, Daddy, there's sure a lot of cabbages in this mountain."  Matt was a little confused so he asked her what cabbages are?  "You know, where people live, cabbages."  So cute, we're not sure if she meant cottages or cabins, but we're adopting the new word!

Matisyn got to meet her new teacher the other day.  When we were walking out to the car I said, what do you think about your teacher?
"She was really nice.  But I thought she would be wearing a red shirt with a black hat.  Oh and that she would have blond and pink hair.  Weird huh?"  She really was perplexed and confused like how could her vision be wrong?  Her teacher was very nice and pretty, and dressed nicely.  But Matisyn does have a thing for pink hair!

Out of the blue in the car the other day:
"I want to live with Grandma Karen.  Like she's the best.  I'm like falling in love with her, even though she's a girl!"

Emilyn:

I get comments all the time about how well Emilyn talks for how young she is, and it really is true (although far from grammatically correct and some is still jumbled even if she knows what she means).  She can have whole conversations with us, and I think I take for granted how big her vocabulary is and how well she can communicate.  My favorite new words of hers this week are "actually" and "kindergarten".  I wish I could write them the cute way she says them.  Here are some of the things we hear a lot around here:

"Back in a minute mommy."  And, "Just two more minutes...ok Mommy?"  She says these things with her hand up in my face.

"It scary."

"Watch this..."  and "Guess what?"  Said many times throughout the day.

"Your welcome."  Said anytime she does anything for you, even before you say thank you!

"Charlie hungry Mommy.  Did you forget to feed him?"  Our fish is always hungry according to the girls.

"Can we go swimming?"

"I want to go der (there)."  Everytime she sees something in a picture, book, or on the television that she likes, she says she wants to go there.

"Mote"= more  (She said the real word when she was one, but now she says mote, not sure what happened.)

"Sweetie Pie Mommy" and "You pretty Mommy"  I like that I get compliments because she repeats the things I tell her back to me.  She says nice things like this while patting my face.

"Snuggle you Mommy."

Whenever she gets put in time out she tries to get out early by saying, "I ready be nice."  The other day we told her that was good, but she still needed to stay for her two minutes in time out.  She stomped her foot and said, "Fine" and stomped upstairs.  (Very similar to her big sister's attitude.)

I love her use of me and my, she is still working that out.
"My do it"
"My coming"
"Me turn"
"Me do it"

"When me wake up?"  Emilyn likes to know what we'll be doing when she wakes up from both her naps and bedtime.  She has started to faithfully ask me this question every time I put her to bed.  This whole week she has been waking up in the middle of the night (I'm guessing teething with two year old molars, and I hope it stops soon!)  Last night after I calmed her down and was about to walk out, it was 3:00 in the morning I should add, she asked, "When me wake up?", and wanted an update on the morning plans!

"Can I have syrup on my ranch?"  Syrup and ranch are two of her favorite things, I guess she figured why not combine them?

"I a poopy princess."

"Daddy a makin' a smoovie."  I love that she adds an a before multiple words in a sentence, and the word smoothie is too cute.

She loves everything Disneyland right now.  She loves Mickey and Goofy and friends, the princesses, the rides, everything.  She watches the movies we have with Matisyn, and one is all about Disneyland.  She knows we are going soon (although over a month is not soon enough for a two year old), and she asks about it all the time.  These questions and statements were all in one day.

Morning:
Emilyn:  Is it time for Disneyland?
Me:  Not for a long time, but it's time for breakfast.
Emilyn:  Ok, we go after toast.

Afternoon:
I a princess, so we can go to Disneyland now.

Night:
Me:  Good night, sleep good.
Emilyn:  Then I wake up and we go to Disneyland.

Emilyn loves music.  She asks for it to be turned on and turned up LOUD.  She car dances and sings and says, "I love this song Mommy" from the backseat.  Her favorite song is Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae.   She goes around singing, "La La La, Whatever, La La La."  It gets quite the reaction when she belts it out in a line in a store!  I didn't think much of it until I asked her to do something the other day and she said, "Whatever Mommy."  Yesterday I asked her to stop stuffing her turkey into her drink and she said, "Whatever Mommy".  I asked her again and she said, "Just leave it alone Mommy."  I am in so much trouble already!

The other day Matisyn asked to do something.  Emilyn said, "You can't, you only two sissy."  This was followed by a back and forth argument of Matisyn saying, "You're only two Emilyn."  "You only two sissy,"  "You're two," and on and on.  Matisyn has not yet learned to be the big one and opt out of the argument.  Emilyn really knows how to get her going too!  It's hard to know who's side to be on sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment