Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend with Grandma Karen

Weekend with Grandma Karen
July 23-25


 My mom came to visit for a couple of days after a trip to Yellowstone.  Her friends dropped her off and picked her up, and we only had a little time in between.  We had a little early birthday celebration for Grandma Karen.  Matisyn made her the special heart above, pictures, and helped me wrap her presents.  She loves birthdays, and Emilyn never gives up a chance to celebrate a "happy day!"





 We tried out a little Chuck E Cheese, Pirate Island look alike kind of place while my mom was visiting.  I can't remember the name, but the girls loved it.  There was a buffet of food, drinks and dessert and you could slide your card to play the games.  Matt was able to come since it was Pioneer Day and for some reason he got it off this year, which was so nice.




 Matisyn so happy that she just beat her Daddy at air hockey!





 Miniature bowling, Emilyn thought every time should be her turn.






 There wasn't room for me in this round, so I waited it out and had to go by myself the next time.  I cracked them all up because I got the slowest car (I confirmed it with the worker, it really was the car!) and kept getting lapped around the track.  Matt and my mom thought it was hilarious!  It was so cute to watch Matisyn cheer for Grandma driving, and Grandma cracking up as she sped around the track.  Matt and Emilyn were pretty speedy too, and my little one was loving every minute of it.






It was a very short visit, but so nice just the same.  We always like picking Grandma up better than saying goodbye.  The girls are already planning their next visit with her.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment