Pre-Disneyland
October 5
I am finally starting to sift through and post our Disneyland trip. There will seem like I am posting a billion pictures, and I am, but believe me there could be more! There were close to 600 pictures between our two cameras, so I have had to do some narrowing down. I'll start with our first day, which was really just the afternoon and evening there. We left at around 4:00 that morning to start driving, made great time, about 10 1/2 hours, even with stops, and arrived about 1:30. We were trying to get there early enough to pick up our tickets in Downtown Disney before the place closed at 2:30. We arrived to a downpour of rain, but we didn't mind, we were just happy to be there...and that it only rained that day and not on our three following days in Disneyland. We explored Downtown Disney a bit, picked up our tickets, and headed back to our hotel to await our friends arrival. We met our best friends the Helquist's there, and it really turned out to be a perfect match. We all had a buddy! Matt and Mike, Alison and me, Matisyn and Jens, and Emilyn and Sylvie. It meant that we could break apart into all sorts of combinations to make it to everything we wanted to see.
The first night we ate at Goofy's Kitchen to get everyone in the Disney spirit. It was good we had something planned because once the kids saw each other it got very noisy! Our Marriott Suites neighbors would not have been very happy with us. The girls dressed up in their princess dresses, and all felt very fancy. We got to meet Goofy, Minnie, Snow White, Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Belle. I had an old signature book from a past Disney World trip when I was younger, and my girls thought that it was so fun to get to add names to my book. We also bought a new one so that both girls had a book. They thought having the characters sign their books was pretty amazing. The dinner is nice because you can eat and stay in one place while the characters come to you. The finale was getting to dance with Minnie Mouse and Belle. With treat filled tummies and smiles ear to ear from getting to see the characters, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our big day at Disneyland.
Matisyn is a natural with the characters and princesses. She smiles and poses without prompting and the light and excitment in her eyes is apparent. Even when we took her when she was two, almost three, she ran straight up to them, no apprehension, and she has always been great with the camera! It was interesting to watch Emilyn and Sylvie because they were just as excited, but more reserved, and you have to search for how they are really feeling underneath their serious faces! I love the shots I have of Emilyn when she forgets to be nervous and just gets into the magic!
Pluto was cracking Matisyn up with his silliness!
Blue mouths from cupcakes!
















No comments:
Post a Comment