These pictures of Emilyn are actually from the beginning of September, the rest are from the second half of the month. On September 5th Emilyn had her first ever dance class. She was so excited to start, and got dressed super early so that she would be ready as soon as it was time to go. We're trying a new studio, and so far the girls love it. I'm happy because they can both be in class at the same time, which is so nice. Emilyn's friends from playgroup Megan and Lydia are with her which has made it even better, and Matisyn's friend Ashley is in her class which she has loved too. I can't believe how attentive Emilyn is in class. She is normally a little jumping bean, but at dance her attention is glued to the teacher, she follows directions, and is so happy to be there the whole time. I think she has watched sister and been ready to be big and go too, for so long, that she is soaking the whole thing in each week. I love to watch her.
One shot of Matisyn leaping into the air during her dance class.
The girls picking out pumpkins. I made sure to let them pick a couple up early since I'm not sure what things will be like once baby brother arrives!
Water colors time, Matisyn on the left, Emilyn on the right, and Mommy at the top right. We are so artistic!
I was so impressed with Matisyn's pictures! She cut one out and made it into a birthday card for Papa Curt since we loved it so much. We went and visited him at the Rehabilitation Hospital on his birthday, September 24. It's the first the girls and I have seen him since he started there a couple of weeks ago, and I can't believe the progress he has made. He is much stronger and can actually carry on a conversation with us. He still has good days and very bad days, but the progress is amazing, and it is great to see him recognizing us and being able to sit up in bed. Hopefully a transplant is not too far off.
Emilyn only naps every few days now, but she still gets pretty tired. I'm crossing my fingers that she will keep them up for a little longer even if they are not that often. I have found that if I sit in her room and wait for her to fall asleep she is more likely to, otherwise she just gets up and plays. She looks pretty precious and innocent like this!
Emilyn Quotes:
"Mom I have something important to tell you. Your car has a big, fat booty and it is blue."
One that we are so very tired of hearing but she keeps repeating, "But I can't walk," followed by crying and her falling over dramatically because she wants to be carried.








No comments:
Post a Comment