Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Dance Recital


Christmas Dance Recital
December 8

The girls were both fantastic in their Christmas dance recital.  We moved to a new dance company, and they have both enjoyed their classes so much.  I've especially loved that they are at the same time, and that they get to go with friends.  I really appreciate all the help my friend Leah has given me in taking my girls during the weeks after I had Lucas.   Even though Matisyn has loved her class, she has decided to go back to gymnastics and stop dance for now.  Emilyn wholeheartedly wants to continue with her class!  It was interesting to watch the recital thinking it could be Matisyn's last performance and Emilyn's first one on the same day.   They both LOVE to perform!  We were so proud of both of them.  Emilyn was performance #3: “We are Santa’s Elves” and Matisyn was #19: “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”



I love the many looks of Emilyn!  Her moods change about this fast all the time!




I couldn't believe how big she looked sitting with the girls in the dressing room waiting for her turn to perform.




Matisyn is looking so grown up and beautiful!

We were so excited to have family come watch the girls too.  Mike and Wendy came, and also Grandma Barb brought Cassidy and the triplets to watch.

Emilyn walking on stage.  She is in the front of the second line.

She is in the back, middle left



Matisyn and her friend Ashley in the dressing room.





This picture is so Matisyn!  I love seeing her get into the dance so much.  They told her to rock out, and they don't have to tell her twice!




She is in the front left of the circle, and as she ran around the front she waved and blew kisses to the crowd!






Both girls were so happy to get medals at the end.  They also got a surprise visit from Santa.



Dress Rehearsal Pictures from the day before:


Emilyn and her friend Megan waiting for their turn to practice on stage.  Emilyn was so excited she could hardly contain herself.  That day she kept asking every few minutes when it was time to get her costume on and go dance.





A video of the girls performing.  I was recording for Emilyn, and I am horrible at keeping the camera steady, and even worse at keeping it on Emilyn!  I'm trying to watch the dance and record at the same time.  Matt does a much better job at recording Matisyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment