Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve.  Matt was off of work, and we were able to spend the day home together.  The girls were overflowing with excitement and couldn't wait to head over to play with the family at Papa and Grandma's house.  We went over that afternoon and helped Grandma Barb get ready before the rest of the family arrived.  We had a very entertaining nativity this year, with funny teenagers, an adorable baby Jesus, and very willing and excited little girls in between.  I loved that Lucas got to be our baby Jesus, and he was so well behaved and happy to be passed around.  After the nativity we had dinner, a delicious quiche, baked french toast, fruit, wassail, and other yummy additions.  Then we played a present game.  Grandma Barb out did herself this year with three rounds of opening and lots of fun presents to steal from each other!  We ended up with some wonderful presents and we all had a great time.  We headed home later than we were planning (11:00 p.m. or so), and carried the sleeping girls to their beds.  We forgot milk and cookies for Santa, but Matt and I did manage to throw out some of the girls' reindeer food that they each got from school.  We wanted to make sure they didn't miss our house!  Lucas had been sleeping most of the evening so I was up with him plenty that night.  He thought it was time to check if Santa came much earlier than necessary!













 My two little nativity angels!






 Lucas on his first ever Christmas Eve night!






 Mary (Kiersten) and her baby Jesus





 CJ, Cassidy, and KC, The three wise men

 Kenzie filling in for Mary when Lucas was ready for an older mother!


 Opening up presents during our game

 My girls were very into getting to pick their presents, trade, and cherish their items!










Matisyn with all her new things!  Among her favorites were a new barbie and a bath and shower set.

A video of our crazy family nativity!  My camera was running out of room on the memory card so I could only record parts of it.  I wish I had more, it was pretty funny this year.  These little parts I recorded can't do the evening justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment