I awoke suddenly to being pet, patted, and "loved" by Matisyn. We snuggled for awhile and then I decided like always it was time for her to go back to her bed. For two reasons, one that I don't want to start a habit (it seems she doesn't mind though) and two I can't sleep with feet in my back. So I carried her back to her room, which she was fine with.
Me: So did you come in because you just needed some snuggles?
Matisyn: Yeah, so I could be happy.
Me: That is so sweet.
Matisyn: Yeah it makes me safe, and lovely, and cute.
Me: Wow, that's great, I'm glad you're happy.
Then I covered her up with only her sheet and started to walk out.
Matisyn: Wait Mommy. Daddy said I need to put on my covers or I won't be safe and the policeman will come and take me away.
Me: Huh? Oh, I think you mean Daddy said you need to keep your covers on so you will be warm.
Matisyn: Oh yeah, little silly, that's right Mommy.
We tell her the policeman will be upset if she doesn't have her car seat buckled. I guess that got carried over to her covers too.
I went back to bed and 15 minutes later Emilyn was up to eat. While I was feeding her I heard Matisyn singing the Itsy, Bitsy Spider to herself. It was pretty cute. When I went to check on her on my way back to my room again she had to do a rendition for me. It had actions and all in the middle of night. I guess she finally fell back to sleep because I didn't hear from her again until 7:45 or so. Like I said before, she seems to save her extreme cute for the middle of the night so I can't complain too much!
cuteness is the only way to be awakened at 4am!
ReplyDelete