Thursday, October 15, 2009

6 Months Old


6 things about Emilyn at 6 months old:

  • She smiles a lot, and is generally happy. . . when she is being held!
  • If she is unhappy when she is being held it means she is tired or hungry, or you are not paying enough attention to her.
  • She still loves toys, and I have bought way more for her than Matisyn to try to keep her entertained. Unless she is outside, she has to have a toy in her hand. She loves her Baby Einstein Exersaucer, and plays best in that if I need to get something done. She can sit up by herself now, and likes to be able to look around. She still isn't too interested in rolling, even though I know she can roll from front to back.
  • She doesn't cry all that much, instead she screeches. It is this high pitched, horrible screech when she is being ignored or not getting what she wants.
  • Sleeping has improved quite a bunch in her first half year of life. She now sleeps from about 8-8, give or take depending on the night, waking once at night to eat. A couple of times this week she has even slept that time without waking up at all. I'm hoping to have more of that. (Matisyn continues to make up for this by waking us up in place of her sister. I've decided to embrace this time with her though because she is so calm, snuggly, and loving, and it is a nice change from her loud, wild daytime behavior!)
  • She is starting to need baby food now to be full. She gets a thing of fruit in the morning and usually veggies in the evening. She has had carrots, pears, applesauce, squash, sweet potatoes, and peaches. She seems happy with them all at this point but is especially fond of squash. She still isn't willing to let me mix cereal in. She ends up with half the container on her bib, face, and hands, but she enjoys every moment of it, and keeps getting better at it. She is in the mouth faze, everything goes straight to her mouth.




Here is a series of Emilyn feeding herself puffs. She's getting so big.



Here's 6 month old Emilyn and 6 month old Matisyn. They are both so cute. I realized looking at these that Matisyn had quite a bit more hair. It was longer too. I was able to put clips in already.

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see the side by side of Em and Mati. They certainly look alike, althought the eyes and the hair are decidedly different. I can't believe she is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete