Friday, October 23, 2009

6 Mth Stats

Weight 16 lbs 6 oz
Height 25 1/2 in
Head 42 cm

Here's my little chubby cutie at her six month appointment. She is growing right on track. She is the exact same height and has the exact same head circumference as Matisyn at this age, but Emilyn is almost a pound lighter. So she might be a chunk, but my little Matisyn still took the cake on weight! All the percentiles were around 50%, so about average. Weight was a little higher, but she's becoming proportional! She is still not a big roller, and hasn't rolled at all from back to front, but Dr. Whiting said not to worry about it. She does roll to her sides, but she doesn't seem to care about rolling all the way over. He also asked if she answered to her name, which I'm going to have to test on her! Everything else, babbling, reaching, sitting, eating, etc gets an A! She was amazing with her shots, and hardly even cried. Love these rolls, love this baby!


Matisyn started dance this month. She is doing really well, and loves going. Her favorite thing she has learned so far is saying "Pop it, lock it, poke a dot it" while doing these sassy moves. I'm going to have to get it on video, it's so cute. Here is Matisyn in front of dance. I'm trying to get a picture while she is jumping, turning, and moving, so here's my attempt.





I'm in a class right now, so I better get back to work! I'm on day number three in a row of classes this week. I think my whole family is a bit exhausted. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, and they were not in a row! Emilyn has decided to wake up a few times a night again, plus we're all getting up early. I'm loving these technology classes though, and I'm learning a lot and enjoying having some adult interaction. Thanks to Megan, Cora, and Amanda for this week's watching of my children. They are having a blast getting to play with you and your kids. They always come home happy and well taken care of. Matisyn loves the new toys, doing new things, and seeing her buddies, and Emilyn loves getting held, watching the action, and getting so much attention from lots of people! Ashly is on for next week! Thanks so much girls! Cora asked me how I get anything done because Emilyn does not like being put down. She is fabulous when you hold her, so it's hard to not just snuggle and talk to her instead of letting her cry to get something done. So, I really don't get much done, but it's nice to know it's not just me. And a special note to my mom, I know she's spoiled, but she's just too cute to let cry, and the screech is too painful to ignore!

Matisyn Quotes:

Watching Sleeping Beauty, "This is the part where they kiss, it's my favorite."

There are way too many people moving on us. When told she was going to cousin David's house she said, "Is David in another new house?"

Then we were trying to explain about Izzy moving. Matt helped them move to their new house last night. So sad for us. I can't believe their house is no longer their house. I'm only ok because they are at least not moving to California anymore. They will only be 10 minutes away, which is still too far, but at least we'll see them! I think Matisyn and Izzy were sisters in another life and cannot be apart for long! Anyway, Matisyn said, "Why is Izzy leaving too? Oh no, can I still see her?" Then later, "Mommy, let's go to Izzy's Nannie's house and get her so we can bring her back to her real house."

Matisyn: "Why are those people in Mason's house?"
Me: "Because Mason had to move, remember?"
Matisyn: "Oh yeah, he went on vacation to a new house. When he be back mom?"

Daddy was leaning over her to help her get dressed and his whiskers brushed her hair. She said, "It's good you have fur to brush my hair Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment