Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Little Halloween Party

Matisyn's friend Porter had a little Halloween party yesterday for a few of the neighborhood kids. Lisa did such an amazing job decorating and entertaining the little ghosts and goblins! They each got to put a puzzle piece up to build a skeleton, make a spider, decorate a Halloween sugar cookie, and break open a witch pinata. Matisyn had so much fun and couldn't wait to tell her Daddy about it. The kids were even more adorable dressed up in a little group.
I have to add that for Matisyn this is one of the very best holidays. She was beyond excited when I got out our decorations. She carries them around and shows anyone who comes to our house. She loves getting to dress up, loves decorations, and she is such a treat girl that it really makes Halloween all together wonderful for her.











Trying out some whacks on her first pinata. I think she thought it was pretty amazing that we stuck a big stick in her hand and told her to go swing at something filled with candy. She got four or five hits in before slowing down. Porter's Daddy ended up having to bust it open. None of the kids were successful.

Pure amazement that candy flew out of that thing!

Are you sure we got all the candy? She kept sticking her head in that hole to make sure none was left inside.



So I thought the sharpie incident had ended and that we had cleaned up the many surfaces Matisyn had colored red. . . but last night I found marks all over two stairs of our our basement on our brand new carpet. Matisyn was lucky that she was sleeping at the time. I had to post this so I could share my frustration. Matt was lucky because he couldn't even see the red from the brown carpet due to his colorblindness. I know it is hard to see in the pictures, but in person, it shines bright whenever I walk by it. Seriously Matisyn, the carpet too?


Emilyn has learned to grab handfuls of puffs and stuff them towards her mouth. When she's lucky one or two make it into her mouth. I'm just hoping that she will keep getting better at her aim so I won't have to hand them to her one by one. I wish I had a picture, it was pretty cute.

Matisyn Quotes:

Me: What do you want to take to school for show and tell tomorrow?
Matisyn: The letter G, how about ga, ga, ga, I want to take a Grandma to school. We better go get her now. Uh, oh, what about Ga, Ga, Ga, Ga Chunk?!!!

I went outside to check on Izzy and Matisyn playing outside and found them sitting in Daddy's kayak and throwing sand in the air. When asked what they were doing Matisyn said very matter of fact, "feeding the chickens." (Cinderella does that. I guess sand does kind of look like the chicken feed that Cinderella throws out! Got to love fairytales.)

On another day I found Izzy and Matisyn up on the top bunk of Matisyn's bed where she isn't supposed to be. They had pulled the ladder out from under the bed and taken many prized possessions up there with them, including Matisyn's little potty. She had even used it up there. Yuck! It was their little house and to her having a potty in the house was completely logical. It has since been cleaned up and put in storage so we won't find it in any other spots around the house.

After the dentist today, when we were almost home, and the flouride taste was wearing off, she said, "Mommy, my old breath is back. I'm myself again!"

Learning fire safety in preschool, "Look guys, drop, stop, and roll." It's even better when she acts it out. She falls down, then stops, then rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment