Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Because. . .

Just because the internet is so fast at the University and I can't believe how quickly I can upload pictures. I feel like I should take a bunch and upload just for fun because it's so fast! I'm in class today, but we're having a break so I figured I would update the blog.
I'm enjoying class, but I'm tired. Wonderful Ashly has my girls today, both with little colds. Matt and I are both fighting off colds too. This is going to be a long winter. Matisyn has just had a little runny nose, but Emilyn woke up stuffy today. Actually she woke up about every 3 hours to eat. She went to bed at 7:30, then woke up at 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, and for good at 6:00 a.m. That's her five total times she should need to eat in a whole 24 hour period, and she's doing that at night. It's been happening, give or take a feeding, for a couple of weeks. I was assuming it was a growth spurt, but I'm hoping the growing will be done soon! She eats better at night than she does during the day, because there aren't so many things to distract her. She is also enjoying three baby food meal per day now. The following pictures will showcase how her eating has helped her GROW!






Wow, big sister is helpful with that hat!

I read somewhere about baby food and how even though babies are getting fruits and vegetables, they taste different. So when the time comes to eat the real foods, they aren't used to the flavors. So I'm trying to introduce some real food safely. I got one of those mesh bag things that lets you put a food inside so baby can chew and suck the flavor without choking. Emilyn is loving it, and so am I. I highly recommend it to anyone with a baby around her age. She has only had pears so far, but she can't get enough, plus it entertains her in her high chair while we are eating!


Here's some more proof of her growth! She's getting too big for this tub now, because she splashes so much, I'm soaked by the end of her bath!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute pics. I have one of those mesh bags too - wish I would have gotten it earlier.

    ReplyDelete