Monday, August 26, 2013

California-Last Days of our Trip

California-Last Days of our Trip
July 18-22

We spent the last few days getting in more visits with friends and family.  We never seem to have enough time to do everything we want to do.  We packed a lot in to these couple of weeks!

Lucas is starting to enjoy more people food.  He loves to feed himself!




The girls went to Michael's craft classes on two different days we were there.  They were entertained for two hours while I ran errands and Lucas was able to take a quiet nap with Grandma at the house.  Apparently when they were done with the crafts they would play games like Telephone.  I guess every time the last person would say the phrase it would have the word chicken in it.  It turns out that Emilyn was the one changing it.  Every time it came to her she would tell the next person, "I love chicken!"  I thought that was pretty funny!

I got to have a long lunch with my best friends from high school, Melissa and Laura.  We sat and visited for a couple of hours on the patio at Galleto's.  I always have so much fun with these girls, and forget that so much time has passed.  I love getting to catch up with them, and flashback to a much simpler time.  I feel lucky to have had them in my life for so many years.  I'm grateful to my mom for taking care of the kids so I could enjoy my lunch.

We went to Grandma Anne's house and visited with Aunt Linda one last time.  It still feels funny to be there without Grandma Anne there.  I miss her, but I'm sure she is much happier where she is now.

We were lucky enough to see John and Ayme and their girls on their way back to San Diego.  It just happened to be good timing that Ayme was heading back from visiting her family in Redding when we were still visiting my mom.  The cousins were very happy to have time together, and even though it was short they made all their time count!  They played and played and played!  Trinity, Emilyn, Felicity, Matisyn, Lucas


The flights on the way home for the airline we flew there on only had a very early take off time.  We decided we would have Matt come get us instead of dealing with getting to the airport at 3:00 in the morning and I was happy to not be stressing about flying with the three kids.  My mom was nice enough to take some pressure off of Matt and drive us half way to Winnemucca.  Matt worked a half day and met us there.  It was sad to say goodbye, but we had a great vacation with Grandma.  My mom stayed the night at a hotel before driving back, and we drove straight through arriving home in Utah close to 2:00 in the morning.  Grandma Barb surprised the girls with these cute travel packs to entertain them on the drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment