Thursday, August 22, 2013

Santa Cruz Dream Inn

Santa Cruz Dream Inn
July 15-17

We spent a couple of nights at our favorite get away in Santa Cruz.  We spent time there every summer when I was growing up, and it was fun to be there again with my mom and little ones.  The girls were at home as soon as we arrived.  They spent hours in the pool, and took full advantage of the pool bar!  Grandma Karen let them drink their share and more of fancy drinks, and they were in heaven.  Lucas fell asleep in our arms during his nap time and spent the rest of the time happily swimming and banging the sand toys together.  The first day I took Emilyn down to the beach for awhile, and the second day I took both girls down.  They were just like me when I was little, and wanted to see the beach for only a short time before preferring the beautiful pool overlooking the beach!  I was kind of nervous about keeping track of all three, but with mom's help, and the fact that they were so happy to be there, they were great, and it wasn't a problem.  We spent our evenings walking along the wharf and having dinner by the water.  It was a fantastic trip for all of us, and we were sad to have to leave! 


I love this picture of my little Emilyn at the bar.  They forgot her cherry when they delivered her drink so I told her she could go and ask for one.  The bartender handed it right over.  I was so proud of her for being assertive and getting that cherry!











That's Matisyn under all those towels and the straw hat.  I guess she had had enough sun!


Our brief time down at the beach.  The girls built some sand creations and ran in and out of the waves.


Matisyn put her goggles on to keep sand from blowing in her eyes.


On our hotel room balcony



The view from our room above and our hotel from the wharf on the bottom.


Matisyn Quotes:

"When are we going to cross the border?"  She meant boardwalk!

"Why is the American flag in California?"  I think she thought it only flies in Utah!

"I would love the beach more if there was only less sand and salt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment