Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
July 17
We spent our final day in Santa Cruz over at the beach boardwalk. It was fun to have flashbacks of all my teenage memories running around that place! It was a little different this time, but still so much fun! Rides, on the beach, what could be better?!!! We met one of my mom's good friends and her two grandkids, that happen to be close to Matisyn and Emilyn's ages. It worked out great because they had a buddy to ride things with and they were able to go on the spinning rides without us! Also Brooks was taller than Matisyn so they let the two of them go on a few together since he met the height requirement. I felt bad that once again there were rides that Emilyn couldn't wait to go on but then wasn't tall enough. She has no fear. Her height just needs to catch up to her courage! She went with Milo on all of the little ones they could go on together. I got to take my girls on the Log Ride which was one of my favorites when I was younger. You can look out and see the whole park, the beach, and way out into the ocean. Emilyn was so brave on the big drop, and even wanted to go on it with me again. We thought the kids would burn out early, but they were still going strong at 7:00. By the time we got the car from the hotel and drove back, we didn't get home until almost midnight. We were happy travelers though, and I'm so grateful to have taken the trip.
Lucas gets into everything he possibly can these days. He is so excited about having access to Grandma's luggage!
This ride was a favorite. Emilyn went on it four or five times. It went normal speed in a circle until one end that flung you around the corner super fast. They loved it!
This merry go round is a classic. It has been there ever since my mom can remember. You can grab rings and throw them into the clown's mouth. It is so much fun to throw them, but people hardly ever make it in. I was out changing a crazy blow out diaper for Lucas when I heard the clown making noises. When I came in everyone was cheering, and it was my mom who had made the clown light up. I knew she was coordinated and athletic, but she even has useful skills for throwing rings in clown's mouths! I should have known it was her who made it!
My mom after making her basket!
Once these four warmed up to each other they went everywhere together!
As always, Lucas was a trouper in his stroller all day. I'm hoping he can keep this up. He has made it so we didn't slow down much this summer even with a baby! He just comes along for the ride and happily rolls along.
This was another big hit with all of the kids. It drops you repeatedly very quickly. I thought it was pretty fun too, but once was enough for me!
Grandma Karen, Nancy, Emilyn, Milo, Brooks, and Matisyn
More VERY sleepy girls. Are you sensing a theme yet?!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment