May 2
Emilyn's 2nd Birthday, TAKE TWO!
Since we were in California for Emilyn's actual birthday we didn't celebrate with Matt's family. We had to have a round two, and what better way than to include her cousin McKenzie's birthday celebration too. I thought it was cute that it was the oldest and youngest cousins celebrating together, plus they are special buddies. Emilyn obviously turned two, again!, and McKenzie turned 17. We had an Elmo theme for Emilyn, since she adores Elmo, complete with Elmo cake and Elmo balloons. I loved that playing with the balloons was the highlight. I think I remember that with Matisyn's Elmo party as well! I made lemon cupcakes for Kenz and then laid them out in the shape of a 17, with a few extra so she could blow out 17 candles. It was a Monday night, so by the time everyone arrived and we got started, it was getting pretty late. By the time we finished dinner, bbq hotdogs and hamburgers, potato salad, fruit, chips, etc. Emilyn was already ready for bed. It took her a bit, but she got her second wind, and was able to get into present opening, cake, and candles. She got singamajigs from Aunt Becky's family, a purse with sunglasses and "tweets" inside, which she now calls her backpack, from Uncle Mike's family, and sleeping bags and pillows for camping for her and Matisyn from Grandma Barb and Papa Curt. They also got her some cute dishes. The sleeping bags were a miracle in our minds because she finally slept warm enough camping to not wake up so much on our last camping trip to Zion. Aunt Megan also surprised us by leaving a gift behind when she was visiting to give to Emilyn on her birthday. There were adorable cupcake slippers, which Emilyn immediately put on, and some stuffed cupcakes that I put up in her room. Good ideas, thanks for celebrating with us family! And thanks Kenz for sharing your birthday with baby Emi!
The two birthday girls together
Uncle Mike trying to wake Emilyn up enough to get into present opening. . . it worked after a little time, and some treats!
We also gave out our little gifts that we got for our nieces and nephews in Hawaii, matching shirts for the little girls, and pens for the big kids. I still have to send the little boys their presents.
Everyone was cracking up because Emilyn was sharing her treats, but very selectively. You were very lucky if you got chosen!
Yeah us, we blew out all our candles! Happy Birthday girls!












No comments:
Post a Comment