Saturday, May 28, 2011

Preschool Graduation

A Bushel and a Peck Preschool Graduation
May 24
It is unbelievable to me that Matisyn is old enough to be going to kindergarten this upcoming school year.  We celebrated her graduation from preschool on Tuesday.  I have felt so lucky to have such a great preschool run by friends of mine, just a block away.  Miss Heather and Miss Denise have been wonderful teachers to Matisyn, and she has had an amazing first school experience.  School is the best according to her, and she is so excited to be going to "big girl" kindergarten soon.  I think she is most excited about getting to play on the playground, but hopefully the learning stuff will continue to be fun for her too!  She was, as always, quite the performer at the graduation.  I was hiding my face because I was caught between so many emotions.  I was laughing pretty hard, and I was bright pink from a little embarrassment too.  She could not keep still and was bouncing all over the place, waving, smiling ear to ear, and singing VERY LOUDLY.  I kept hearing people around me that didn't already know Matisyn say, "who is that little girl?"  They wanted to add, singing at the top of her lungs, and drowning the other singers out, I'm sure, but I didn't hear them say that part.  I was also very proud of her ability to shine and stand out in a crowd.  I hope she never loses that quality, and continues to not worry about what people think and just live in her little moments.  She was so excited to sing the songs they have learned this year.  When she announced her name and what she wanted to be when she grows up, it was not a surprise.  She is sticking with a dentist and a chef.  When I graduated from kindergarten I said I wanted to be a teacher and a mother, and those two both came true. . . so you never know!  The highlight for her was getting a package from her teachers with little gifts inside.  She ran up before her name was called because she was so excited, and had to run back and sit until it was her turn.  Congratulations little Matisyn!



 Couldn't get a great picture of her from where we were sitting, but you can see the legs flying in the air!

 Emilyn entertaining herself on the floor with my keys and her favorite bright red "panic button."



  Matisyn getting her present and hugging her teachers.

 

Matisyn and her best friend from preschool, Bailey

  The whole graduating preschool class



 Miss Heather, Matisyn, and Miss Denise

 Best buddies, Porter and Matisyn


 Running around and flinging herself in circles with the boys after it was over, she has the same amount of energy as all of them!

Emilyn too!  I love her hair flying in the back.



 

I put a video together of some of the songs and presentations at the graduation to showcase Matisyn's singing ability and VOLUME.  It is probably for those who are related to us, or who love her a lot, like maybe Alison!, and appreciate her love of life, and how loudly she expresses it!

No comments:

Post a Comment