Friday, May 13, 2011

Helquist's Visit

It was hard to come home to laundry, unpacking, cleaning, reality in general from the tropical paradise we had left behind!  It made it easier knowing my best friend Alison and her family were going to be here visiting when we got back.  I was happy I got to spend time with her a few times throughout the week.  We got to have a girl's night out to Olive Garden, shopping, and then she helped me rearrange my furniture to fit the piano into our tiny living room.  Big thanks to her. . . Matt left it up to us girls!  We also spent a day at my house to let the kids play.  Jens and Matisyn has so much fun as usual, and even Sylvie and Emilyn are getting big enough to join in the fun now.  They especially enjoyed driving around in Matisyn's jeep.  Friday night we had an adult dinner at La Jolla Groves with our group of good friends, and enjoyed getting to visit instead of chase kids around.  Saturday morning we got to see them one last time.  We went over and had breakfast at Mike's parent's house and let the kids play one more time.  We wish they lived close, but love getting together when we can.







 This cracked me up.  Matisyn was so tired after her big day of playing with Jens that I found her fast asleep behind the bean bag with her hand like this!  She started to wake up when I took the picture, but I still got the shot!






2 comments:

  1. I need those pictures! I somehow ended up with NO decent pictures of the kids together, and I didn't have a camera at La Jolla Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know all those boys!!! I think it's crazy how a bunch of you girls met and married a bunch of friends! Hilarious! Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete