Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade

 Matisyn's 1st Day of 1st Grade
August 21

Matisyn's first day of all day school was a success.  She had some mixed feelings about being away from home for so long.  She was a little nervous, but very excited about meeting her new teacher, seeing her friends, eating lunch at school, and having more than one recess!  She couldn't wait to get to the bus that morning.  Daddy stayed home to make her a special breakfast, her request, ebelskivers.  We are trying a new bus stop because we are pretty much in the middle of two different ones, so we have a choice.  It has been an adjustment because she is used to the other one, had lots of friends that rode it, etc  With the split schedule, early birds and later gators, her friends would be divided between the times now anyway, not like last year when they all went together to morning kindergarten.  I think this will be a great place for her though, especially when baby comes because there are some parents that can help me when I'm stuck home with baby.  The first day she got on her old bus to ride home, so I was a little panicked when she didn't get off the bus, and she was too when I wasn't at the old bus stop to pick her up.  Luckily her old bus driver is wonderful and kept her on the bus to drive down and find me.  Other than that, I think she had a great day.  She got to eat school lunch, pizza day, have 3 recesses, and even have a dance party where she reports she was showing the other kids the dance tricks she can do on her head!












 Emilyn did better than I thought she would with sister gone all day.  They fight much of the time, but they still like playing together.  I think Emilyn was just happy to have Mommy all to herself, and she played pretty well all day.  She was very excited to ride her bike to pick her up at the end of the day though!


 First grade "All About Me" poster by Matisyn



No comments:

Post a Comment