Some things that have happened this month:
1. Niece/Cousin McKenzie left for Snow college. The girls keep looking for her when we go over to Grandma's house. We are so excited for her, but we're going to miss her!
2. Matisyn started 1st grade, and is gone most of the day now.
3. Emilyn is starting preschool, two days a week for two hours at a time. She can't wait to be big!
4. Emilyn has perfected her fake laugh, and uses it often.
5. The girls are obsessed with watching My Little Pony (Hello Pony is what they call it) episodes on the ipad. Followed by Spiderman and his Amazing Friends as a close second.
6. We painted baby brother's room blue. It was funny because poor color blind Matt couldn't tell where Emilyn's purple ended and the blue began once it was dry, so I had to do the touch-ups! We also got him a new car seat.
7. Emilyn is in love with "So you Think you Can Dance." She asks if we can watch the "mommy dance show" all the time together. She snuggles during the talking parts and then jumps down and dances with the music when it starts. She incorporates moves from the styles they are doing whether it be hip hop, jazz, ballroom, etc and then demands I clap for her after each number. It's pretty cute.
8. Emilyn is getting extremely brave in the water. She wants her floaties off now so that she can swim with one of us. She can get around really well, but refuses to practice turning over to her safe spot on her back. She will leap off of a mat or out of our arms and just open her eyes under water and look for the closest thing to swim to and kick her way there. I wish there was more time for lessons because she is so ready to swim on her own now.
9. Matisyn started her first season of outdoor soccer. She is much more aggressive than in the indoor season and seems much more interested in going after the ball. It's so much fun to watch her improve and be so involved. She also loves having so many friends on her team.
10. Matt's dad had to go back into the hospital, and his health continues to decline and worry us about the future. He really needs a liver transplant, but there is no way to know when that will happen. Matt's mom is amazing at all she juggles to take care of him, the house, and go to work. We wish we could be closer so that we could help out more.
11. I am well into my third trimester now, and feeling all the effects of pregnancy. I am feeling huge, can't sleep very well, when I do sleep I wake up often because of the pressure on my bladder, heartburn, shortness of breath, and so, so tired all the time! Really though, I mostly just feel blessed. I have been healthy and able to be up and around, blood pressure low, normal weight gain, I'm not actually that huge, I think it just feels that way, great baby heart beat, and I'm measuring right on size for my due date. I really do love being pregnant because the whole thing is so amazing. I love to feel him kick and flip around. We're starting to get more of the preparations done for his arrival, and we are getting more excited to meet him soon!
12. We are trying to adjust from our traveling, packing, unpacking, no schedule, late nights to the back to school routine.
Emilyn Quotes:
Me: Emi, how did you get so cute?
Emilyn: With no pause and said very matter of factly, "Cereal."
"I'm done with Daddy leaving."
"hulip, hulip" = hula hoop
"I wish I had a present baby." When explained meant, "I wish I had a pregnant baby in my tummy so I got presents."
Here is a movie of Emilyn's "So you Think you Can Dance" Auditions!
Video of Emilyn Swimming:


No comments:
Post a Comment