Week 3
October 23-29
Our third week has brought some more crying and personality out in
our little guy, including lots of spit up and gas! Those things mean,
sadly, that we think he does have reflux. He does a lot of leg pumping
and arching his back like he is in pain after he eats, and he is the
king of gas, burps, and spit up right now! He is so noisy! We are up a
lot at night because we can't lay him down after he eats, so I stay
awake holding him. By the time I lay him down and fall back asleep,
it's time to wake up and feed him again. He is still wanting to eat
pretty often, every couple of hours or so, and I'm trying to stretch him
closer to 2 1/2 or 3, especially at night. Luckily I enjoy holding him as much as possible,
but I am missing sleep! Hopefully if we try some medication and get on
a little better schedule we can start sleeping a little more in the
near future. Did I mention how well he sleeps while you are holding
him?!!! I'm having Emilyn flashbacks with the reflux and no sleep, but somehow I am still feeling happy and sane so far!
In other baby news: I'm offering the binky more to try to stretch feedings,
and sometimes he wants it and sometimes he doesn't. He usually gags,
and if you hold it there he might take it eventually. With all this
feeding he is gaining weight. He is a cute little chunk. I noticed the
other day that his cheeks rest on his chest and he has a double chin
now (wait until week 4 pictures!). I'm not sure when that happened. The reflux definitely makes him
overeat to soothe his tummy, not lose weight! He is still adorable, and
the girls are still in love with him. Even with how crazy it is sometimes, (I can't help but laugh when all three are crying at the same time!), we are all doing pretty well.
We spent a few hours on a Thursday afternoon at Cora's house. She was watching her nephew and we needed a little time out of the house. It was fun to have lunch with someone and have an adult to talk to, plus I always am happier after some time with Cora! Her kids were excited to meet baby when they got home from school.
It's been nice enough outside this week to walk Lucas over in the stroller to pick up Matisyn from the bus. He loves the rocking of the seat, and seems happy to be outside.
Love this position he got himself into. I think he still remembers what it felt like to be curled up in me!
Emilyn was so proud of the ghost picture she made in preschool.
Matt discovered he loves tummy time on the floor, not just tummy to tummy with us!
Blake and Cora came over on Saturday so that Blake could meet baby for the first time.
Dance class reports, both girls are having fun, and seem to be doing well.
He is discovering he can move his hands lately!







No comments:
Post a Comment