Saturday, September 3, 2016

First Half of February

First Half of February
February 1-14





Super bowl party with the family at our house!  Delicious food, fun drinks, good company, entertaining commercials, and I think there might have been some football too!
Lucas was glued to CJ!



A little post Christmas gift exchange with the siblings.  When we still hadn't gotten together to exchange in February, we figured we could combine it with Super Bowl for a really great party!


Lucas strikes again with the handcuffs.  Nobody was safe!







A little pie face entertainment





Emilyn's Valentine's Day puzzle for 1st grade from me

We signed Valentine cards to send to the Grandmas.  We love that Emilyn still slips and calls Grandma Barb, Grandma Bob!

Emilyn was so excited about her unicorn Valentine box.  It turned out so cute.  I'd like to take credit, but beyond finding the idea with Emilyn, Matt is the mastermind behind these kinds of things!



First green vegetable, peas, for Kaylee.  She likes them!


Matisyn wanted a real looking mailbox for her Valentine's.  It turned out really cute too, with the help of her dad!


Kaylee's first puffs!  Sweet potato flavored.  She was so happy to get to pick up her own food, and is so good with her pincher fingers.  She wasn't sure how she felt about the new texture though!



Heart hair for Emilyn for Valentine's Day!

I had a Mary Kay party at the house to support Aunt Megan starting her own business.  I was disappointed by how many couldn't come, but was glad to have a few supportive friends and be able to help Megan a little.  I love the stuff I have tried.  This sign on the door by Matisyn was pretty cute!

Emilyn is starting to love to feed Kaylee too.  The girls sometimes fight over who gets to feed her.  Usually I win because even though it's nice to have help, it makes a big mess!  They are pretty precious with her though.  I wish I could hold on to these moments.






Lucas had his yearly appointment with the allergist, which means a bunch of vials of blood (three big ones!) need to be taken to test how his allergies are doing.  He was extremely brave, and got a sucker and a toy, and lots of compliments from the nurses and other patients!  I was so proud of him! Most of his food allergies even doubled in number according to the tests, but on the bright side he is three years old now and we can start to do some food challenges to see if there is "clinical correlation."  Hoping we can follow some of the new research and build up immunity to some of the foods he has been allergic to.


Matisyn was playing with my phone and took a picture of me having a parent teacher conference with her teacher Miss Tuckett.



Everyone fights over who gets to take a bath and play with Kaylee!

This poor little baby has been sick all week.  She is miserable, and can hardly breathe, but is still a sweetheart.  She ended up with double ear infections.  I'm so glad I took her in to the doctor, even though she didn't have a fever.  She felt so much better after the antibiotics kicked in.




The kids got a cute package in the mail from "grandma" Jeanette.  They are always so excited to get mail from her.  Lucas especially liked his bus!


Kaylee liked her raspberry pacifier chewy toy!

We spent a Friday night going to a little show at a photo shop that was displaying photographs of temples.  Kenzie had three of her pictures displayed, and they were so beautiful.  We went to ice cream afterwards.




Matisyn made a Super Bowl stadium out of her Legos and Lego people!


Aunt Becky's delicious "taco" dessert with cinnamon chips, mango spread, whip cream, blueberries, etc!  It was so yummy!

The kids were partying most of the time downstairs for the football game!





It's a party at the orthodontist when we go in every month.  Matisyn got new bands on her braces, and gets to get them off around her birthday next month.






Full house in our car these days!




Emilyn has been checking off her reading lists for 1st grade.  She doesn't practicing them, and is so fast to learn them.  It's fun to watch her improve so quickly in her reading.


Big girl trying out a sippy cup





Kaylee lounges in her stroller with her feet up on the bar.  It's her thing!  And she often has one missing shoe!


Valentine's Day dinner with Matt at Harvest at Thanksgiving Point.  Kaylee came on our date with us, and slept most of the time.  She was a good baby, and we really enjoyed some time out of the house together.


Matt made this bookshelf for our room years ago.  It's nice and square since that's how televisions used to be.  We took our tv out of our room and made space for the glider in there, so we gave this shelf away.  Just reminds me of the "old days" and I wanted to document the era somehow, and also say how grateful I am for a handy husband.

Another handy moment when Matt went over to a family friend's house (Jordan) to help her hang a light.  Lucas and Emilyn were great little helpers.

A little Valentine's Day treat that we were not hoping for...Lucas fell on the wooden castle in the playroom and split his ear open.  We weren't sure if he would need stitches.  Luckily my nurse friend Amber saved the day and came and looked at it for us.  She glued it shut for him, and it has healed up nicely.



I made a Valentine for each of the sweeties in my life!






No comments:

Post a Comment