Grandma Barb came over for dinner and came bearing gifts! Kaylee was pretty excited about her tutu dress we tried on her!
If only we could keep bows on her head!
Lucas and Owen think it is hilarious to have picnics under the table. And they like to bring lots of toys outside with them.
Matisyn looked and sang beautifully for her little voice recital. She's taken voice lessons from one of our friends and neighbors, Holly, for the last few months. She has enjoyed it and learned quite a bit. She sang Tomorrow from Annie and insisted she wear red like the character. She even wore a locket like Annie. She did an amazing job, and I realized how much she really can sing! We were so proud of her!
Matisyn's 4th grade Utah pioneer play. She was a pioneer and a train tapper. Kaylee and Lucas made it hard to pay attention, but the performance was really fun, and Matisyn loved all the practices and songs. She was singing them all the time. This is her perfect kind of learning!
Matisyn had her pioneer bonnet so far forward that I couldn't see her face for the whole performance! I had her pull it back for at least one picture!
Puffs and yogurt melts are where it's at for Kaylee
Lucas wore his goggles for Emilyn's 1st grade reader's theater performance. She was the narrator in the Elephant and Piggie "I can fly" book, which are some of her favorites right now.
Have I mentioned Emilyn does NOT like to be told no?!!
Emilyn and her favorite, favorite, favorite teacher Miss Russell.
Ok, this boy is finally pottytraining for real! It just had to be his decision. He was pretty excited to show me his poops in the potty! Once he got that down, knock on wood, we haven't had any poop accidents, just the occasional wait too long and can't make it to the bathroom pee accidents.
He had fun getting to chose a toy out of the bag I put together each time he went poop in the potty. He got a little treat for going pee. It seemed to motivate him once he decided he was ready.
Everyone loves snuggles with Kaylee, and Emilyn is probably the family's best snuggler!
Lucas is constantly finding new surfaces to color on. He took out a cookie sheet and colored it with marker. I have no idea why. Just testing his boundaries I guess!
We were happy to have Grandma Barb come support Matisyn at her recital!
Getting a family picture can be challenging. It's all about capturing the moments though, so I guess this sums this moment up!
Emilyn and Lucas with their new combined room. Lucas is happy to be sleeping in a big boy bed, but he almost never naps now that he is out of his crib. I ordered a grey chair with orange writing for Lucas to replace Matisyn's pink cover. Emilyn felt like a big girl getting to move to the top bunk. I think she really likes her own space up there, except for it not being as easy to snuggle her each night. She does not like the dark or being alone, and she still likes one of us to be in the room while she falls asleep. She misses having us lay next to her because we don't like to climb up there very often. Overall it's been a good switch though.
Kaylee is a train wrecker! Lucas always asks if it's time for Kaylee's nap yet?!!
Kaylee in her new room in her crib!
The girls have loved the fairy houses down by our park.
Lucas likes throwing rocks into the river.
Kaylee's first time swinging at the park! She seemed to like it, but held on pretty tight!
Everything goes into Kaylee's mouth, apparently even wipes are delicious!
With the lack of crib tent Lucas almost never naps, which has resulted in a lot more tantrums and breakdowns around here. There have been some days I just have to shut him in his room and not let him out. Eventually he falls asleep, where ever he is at, on the really bad days!
Kaylee thinks the best part about her new room are all the new things to get into. The baskets are a highlight! Being able to stand on her own has opened some new doors as well!


























































































No comments:
Post a Comment