Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let it Snow!

We have had a couple of big snows so far this year.  When it snowed yesterday we decided to go get some energy out outside.  We have spent most of our time inside since Emilyn and I haven't been feeling very well, and Matisyn can't seem to shake her cough.  We were all going a little stir crazy.  While outside I actually shoveled the walks and driveway.  It's pretty much a miracle.  Mowing and shoveling are the two tasks I have pretty adamantly kept as Matt's jobs.  I decided I would rather do it though, then have Matt come home from work and have to walk right back out the door to shovel.  It was actually kind of satisfying, the kids couldn't mess it up as I was cleaning it!  Maybe Matt will go for a trade . . .  Matisyn didn't last long.  She jumped right in with snow angels and trudging through the deep snow which meant she got cold fast.  The cold is partly our fault because we haven't replaced Matisyn's snow pants, so they ride up and snow gets into her boots.  I guess it's time!  Emilyn loved it out in the snow. 
Even though she took her gloves off in the first five minutes she stomped through the snow, gave shoveling a try, pushed her stroller behind me, and rode her bike.  She lasted about three times as long as Matisyn, she's a tough little thing.  I'm guessing Matisyn will last longer if we improve her gear!  Here are some cute pictures I took of the girls outside.














1 comment: