Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving

It took all nine of us, well the six adults, to make the house company worthy after we all lived in it for the week.  We had Thanksgiving at my mom's, which was nice, because we didn't have to pack the kids up and go somewhere.  We changed some things up this year, per my request, to make it feel a little more like Thanksgiving.  We moved an extra table in the living room so that we could all sit together, I put names on place settings, we said a prayer before we started, which we don't usually do anymore since not very many people in my family are religious, then we went around saying what we were thankful for, as we passed around the food family style at the table.  They were just little things, but I think they made a big difference.  Everyone seemed to love the changes and even those that were hesitant about the go around the table and say something thankful part enjoyed it once it was going.  The whole older side of the table was crying by the end!  I was very proud of my family and thankful for where I come from!  I even tried my hand at making a lemon merengue pie, which according to everyone was delicious. . . much better than my test run at home, thanks to my sister in law Becky for the tips!
Happy Thanksgiving!
 It was pretty difficult to get the three girls to all stay still and look at the camera.  I love this one because it shows Emilyn trying to get away, Matisyn holding her down, and Trinity holding on to Matisyn!
 Our big table I decorated, Matisyn sat up at her place and waited for a long time before we ate!
 Grandma Anne and Matisyn played very well.  Grandma handled Matisyn great, and Matisyn loves her.  The only problem is she doesn't know when enough is enough.  At the end of dinner she was under the table tickling people.  We didn't realize it but she had grabbed Grandma's cane and had hooked her foot and pulled.  Grandma shouted out a big "ouch."  We had to pull her out and have a talk.
 Matisyn shoveling in the pie, well mostly whip cream!
 Here's my lemon merengue pie, it was almost gone before I thought to take a picture
 Aunt Linda reading to Matisyn
 Uncle Chunk throwing Emilyn into the air, she thought it was so funny
Thankful List
Matisyn
  1. Myself, and I'm glad I have my heart
  2. My blanket
  3. Family
  4. Treats
  5. Scooby Doo and Princess Shows
  6. Netflix
  7. Chutchy (imaginary friend)
  8. Grandma 
  9. Friends and Playdates, she can't have too many
  10. The park, bikes, chalk, water, and dirt stew (all her outdoor favorites)
  11. Watermelon
Emilyn
  1. Blanket
  2. Mama and Dada
  3. Babas
  4. Shows, even though she doesn't watch them much she really likes yelling "show" over and over!
  5. Her voice, that she can yell and says words now
  6. Food in general, treats especially
  7. Snuggles
  8. Playing outside and having freedom to run
  9. Toy stroller
  10. Yogurt
  11. Doing things HERSELF
Kristin
  1. Staying home with my girls, even though it's hard sometimes
  2. Matt's steady job and income in such a difficult economy
  3. Family, loving husband, beautiful girls, helpful and thoughtful mom, great brothers and sisters, etc.  I'm grateful I was born into such a wonderful family, and I'm grateful for the family I've created with Matt.
  4. Music of all kinds
  5. Hugs
  6. Freedom
  7. Prayer and my knowledge of the gospel
  8. Clean Laundry and a clean house, I soak it up when it happens!
  9. Friends that feel like family, both old and new, we are very lucky
  10. My home, where it feels warm and safe
  11. My health, so, so thankful for this
  12. Matisyn's imagination and Emilyn's Curiosity
  13. Books, I've been reading a lot of books this year, all different genres.  I've realized they bring me a lot of satisfaction and fulfillment.  I love what I learn and also escaping for a short time into the lives of the characters I'm reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment