While Matt was Away. . .
June 12-21
I tried to be as entertaining as possible while Matt was gone, and keep the girls busy and happy. We managed to do a lot of things when he was gone. We went to the zoo, went to two park playgroups at two new parks in our area, Matisyn started her first day of summer preschool and her summer reading class, we went to the Living Planet Aquarium, brought our big slides out and our little pool for the first time this season, swam in the "hot spa", made it to church, spent a day with Cora and her kids (thank you Emma for babysitting so I could get a break, and Cora for giving me some friendship distraction as well as sewing instruction), and got a birthday fish for Emilyn.
I was quite productive too. I think I had just enough energy to make it until Matt got back, and then I wanted to collapse! I finished creating it and ordered my Blog Book 2010, finally finished unpacking from trek and other miscellaneous trips that we had in a row, surprised Matt by cleaning out the crawl space all by myself (with a little help from Matisyn), learned a new sewing project with Cora and finished six of them for Christmas presents, cleaned out both girls' closets and rotated their clothes for the seasons, finished my "Eat, Pray, Love" book, and caught up on blog entries. It was fun to have some time to myself in the evenings and to complete some projects, but I was so happy to have my buddy back!
One of the park days, they spend most of each park experience asking for snacks!
One of the days after Matisyn's school and reading class, the girls had some energy to burn. The more tired they were, the easier bedtime was, so I welcomed these activities! Emilyn got this water/sand toy from Grandma Karen for her birthday. The girls have loved playing with it. They think it is meant to be sat in too! Matisyn thought she was so funny running around splashing Emilyn, and luckily Emilyn thought it was pretty funny too!
Here is our beta fish Charlie. Matt requested a male since he is so outnumbered. I felt compelled to comply with his request, so meet our boy fish. The name came from my encouragement because I think it is the cutest thing when Emilyn says the name "Charlie," and Matisyn seemed to like the name too. Emilyn's suggestion was to name the fish Emi. "Me Emi, fishy Emi." I felt like I needed to intervene and give him his own identity and selfishly I wanted to hear Emilyn going around saying that name so adorably!
Both girls were so excited about the aquarium, and were running around happily to all the exhibits. They LOVED getting to see everything. I didn't have my camera so these are just a few snapshots with my phone, which doesn't take very good pictures. I wish I could have captured their excitement. Matisyn's thumbs up picture does that a little though! Emilyn's favorite was getting to pet the sting rays, and Matisyn's favorite things to see were the jellyfish and the sea horses.












No comments:
Post a Comment