Emilyn Potty Training
January 16...and going
Emilyn is potty trained! I was scared to write that sentence on the blog for fear I would jinx the process. I finally decided it was time to start working with her because she was so interested in it and ready and I didn't want to miss my window. I tried the potty training in less than a day method, and the less than a day part didn't work, but it probably was a good way to start with her. The first day was pretty rough, then by day three she was going in all forms in the potty without accidents. She has done awesome ever since, with only one or two accidents in between (8 days or so) until I left her for two days to go to one of my teaching classes. I've been trying to keep up with the classes this time so I don't have to take a bunch right at the end. She stayed with my friend Amanda on Thursday and had a great day, and only one accident. Her favorite thing there was getting to play with Brody and have the "big boys" chase them! She was exhausted by the end of the day though with no nap, so by Friday when she stayed with Ashly, she was already warn out. Daddy forgot her blankets, so poor Ashly had Emilyn without her comfort items and three pairs of wet panties by the end of the day. Sorry Ashly! She loved her day getting to play with her buddy Lillie, and was so ready to collapse on Mommy by the time I brought her home. So writing it down didn't jinx it, but apparently leaving her and tiring her out did! She's had an up and down weekend since then and is now already in bed at 6:45. Tomorrow begins a new week, and I'm hoping she'll be back on track before my next class in a couple of weeks!
This was her thumbs up for first ever "poopies" in the potty! She is so proud to be a big girl. She has loved getting treats and princess stickers on her Ariel potty chart, but the biggest reward seems to be the "big girl" status.
This was the highlight when she had finally gone a whole day with dry panties and seemed to be getting the hang of things, she got to go to the store and pick out big girl panties. She couldn't wait to go. She chose Princess and the Frog, Minnie Mouse, and Tangled panties.
A happy thing to us about this week is no bladder infections. Usually kids with bladder reflux will have an increased number of infections when they start potty training and holding it in. We haven't had many period, and the fact that one didn't develop during this time is a very good sign. I'm not sure when we'll test her for sure, but it isn't looking like surgery will be necessary like it was for Matisyn. Yea!

No comments:
Post a Comment