Hanging out with Uncle Chunk
Dec 18
This is our first official visit to my mom's new house, instead of my family's house. It is beautiful, but it will take some getting used to for me. I loved getting to go home to MY house, and this doesn't feel like my house. It's also smaller and newer, so I'm more worried about the girls' noise and destruction. My mom has it decorated beautifully though, and the neighbors are wonderful. It's in a new city, which will also take some getting used to. My brother is renting the old house from my mom, so we got to visit it so that we could go spend some time with him. Emilyn kept asking, "Grandma, when are we going to your house?" Grandma would say, "We are at my house." Emilyn would say, "No, your other house." She was confused about where we were. Then when we got to Chunk's she said, "This is the one Grandma, this is the right house." I feel the same way Emilyn! It was fun to play with Uncle Chunk, but weird to be in the house that no longer feels like mine. It has empty rooms, and is his bachelor pad now! My mom loves her new house and neighborhood, and I'm sure I will too in time. It will just take a few trips to adjust to the change.
Matt is able to do many random tricks, along with his substantial trivia knowledge (both very useful skills)! Matisyn was bragging about how her Daddy could balance ping pong balls by blowing them into the air. Chunk couldn't help but try it out himself.
Emilyn trying out the new array of furniture choices in the kitchen now that it is Chunk's house!






No comments:
Post a Comment