Sunday, January 29, 2012

Random January

Random January

 Our little builder!  Emilyn has been loving to build towers lately.  One of her favorite things is to have me sit down with her and play with blocks.

 Emilyn playing in the sand box, I loved her styling!



 Emilyn is really showing her artistically talented self off with this blue circle picture.

 Matisyn said she has been dreaming about Papa Curt's dog Kizzy.  She is so in love!  She is starting to ask for her own dog.  She wants one to be wrapped up in a box for her birthday or Christmas like Lady in the movie "Lady and the Tramp!"  Here is a picture she drew of her and Kizzy (Cize!) together!

 I just thought this was so cute of my girls together!  Sometimes I make them go outside to eat messy things when I've had it with cleaning over and over again.  They don't mind if it means they get to eat a cupcake!



 Matisyn made a jungle out of her animals and blankets in her room.


 Matisyn has been showing up in the morning all over the house.  For some reason she has been getting up in the middle of the night, taking her princess blanket, and falling asleep in some other location.  On Saturday morning I found her sleeping in the middle of the family room floor!

 When I cleaned out my room at my mom's house before she moved I found five boxes full of old notes and letters.  Here are a couple of pictures of one box at a time, I kind of wish I could have shown a picture of the whole pile of them!  They were from junior high all the way through college.  I read through most of them this week, and had a nice walk through memory lane!  I'm a little embarrassed of a few of them (think junior high!), grateful for a few (birthday cards from my Dad and Mom, letters from Grandmas, etc.), and some that just bring back some good memories.  I threw most of them away, but kept one box full of my favorites.  I'm grateful for all the great friends I've had through the years and for my wonderful memories.  It was fun to relive them for the weekend!


 The girls before church on Sunday, 1-22




 Matisyn decided to add water to her makeup and paint her face with it.  Emilyn was jealous, so Matisyn decorated her face too!  Aren't they beautiful?!




 We love smores!



 Cute little panty bum!  Emilyn really wanted to get into sister's room and play with the big kids!  I don't think they wanted her in there!

 Here are the cute big kids, two of Matisyn's best little friends, Kayla and Porter.  When she saw this picture she was upset about how little she looked compared to the other two!

 Matt thought it would be funny to take a picture of me while I was blogging so that I could blog about it!

 Emilyn in her crib tent.  Emilyn started crawling out of her crib consistently around the holidays.  She would not settle down to nap or to go to bed because it was so exciting to be able to crawl out and explore.  I know some of you think, time for a big girl bed....not me, I thought, time for a tent!  At first she did not like it at all, even though big sister was truly jealous thinking it was a beautiful princess tent and that she wanted one too!  It didn't take long before she grew to like it too.  Now a couple months into it she will ask to leave it unzipped sometimes, but most of the time is fine with being zipped in and I feel better about the fact that she can't wander the house without me knowing about it.  She has a little club with her animals, blankets and books in there.

 Matisyn's Kindergarten Spotlight poster and one of her pictures from school.


 The girls have been on an absolute Star Wars kick.  They watched one of them while we were staying with Mike and Alison over New Year's and have since then been asking for more everyday.  It seems a little scary to me, and we have to censor some, but the girls love them.  Lucky for us Josh and Alisa had the whole set and we've been watching them one by one this week.


My favorite Emilyn word of the week:  "slippilly" for slippery

No comments:

Post a Comment