Random Vacation Pics
One of our last nights we went to dinner at Olive Garden with Grandma Anne and Linda. Grandma was pretty alert that night so it was nice to have that time to spend with her. The girls were fantastic too, which makes for a nice night out!
One of our first nights my mom and I went out to Galleto's to eat without the kids. Chunk and Heather were nice enough to babysit for us so Mom and I could have some quiet time together. They ate McDonald's, made ornaments for Chunk's Christmas tree and watched Scooby!
This is what Emilyn used as a coloring spot. She took a red sharpie to Grandma's new kitchen tile. Thanks to Daddy the hero who spent hours that day scrubbing with a magic sponge, clorox wipes, and finally q-tips coated with Oxi-clean and straight bleach, the floor looks better than ever. We are loving vacation, but we are ready to be back home where we can tent Emilyn back into her crib so she can't get out and cause trouble when we don't know about it! Matt thinks that by sharing all our kids' indiscretions on the blog I might be tainting your view of them. They really are precious too! These are just events I want to remind them about someday when they have their own kids!
Getting some extra energy out at a park near mom's house.
Picking oranges off Grandma Anne's tree. Matisyn and Emilyn loved getting to go up the ladder and pick off their own oranges. They are so delicious from her tree!
Matisyn had a workbook packet from her Kindergarten class to work on over the break. She did a great job ignoring distractions and focusing on getting her work done. These are a few of her pages. She's really improved her writing already, and we're so proud of her hard work.
Matisyn Quote:
"I spend all my life trying to make money and then everybody wants me to give it away." Not sure where this came from, but it was cute!
Emilyn Quotes:
"When I get older I can dance like Sissy, have a bike and have a phone."
"That's my deal Mommy." She likes to negotiate with me!
She walks around with a notepad and pen asking everyone what their name is and "writing" it down. "What's your name...Mommy Kristin, Daddy Matt, Sissy Matisyn, etc.?"
She also asks "who's in the car" whenever we are driving somewhere together. She would call out, "Is Daddy here?" "Is Grandma here?" Until she asks about everyone in the car at the time.






No comments:
Post a Comment