Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sad Anniversary

Sad Anniversary
January 23

On the 23rd was the fifth anniversary since my Dad passed away.  In some ways it is impossible to believe that he has been gone five years.  I still think about calling him when things happen or I have a question, and I can still hear his voice and see his face when I close my eyes.  But in other ways, it seems like he has been gone for so long.  Matt and I decided the passage of time is so evident with kids.  Matisyn wasn't even a year old when we lost my Dad, and she'll be six in March.  It's hard to deny that time is passing when our two little people are growing up so fast.  I think that is what makes me the most sad now, thank goodness that time eases the loss, but I wish my girls could know him and that he could know my girls and be part of their lives.  I think they would adore each other.


This was one of my favorite pictures with him when Matisyn was born.  I still have it up.
In other much sadder news my friend Alisa just found out that her cancer has come back.  It has come back fast and her melanoma that started on her leg has spread to over ten tumors, some of the worst in her bones and liver.  I've spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks distracted and thinking about her.  She started radiation treatment last week to shrink one of the tumors, and begins a very aggressive treatment called IL2 on Monday.  I can't seem to stop crying about it.  She has been a miracle before when she was first diagnosed, and our whole neighborhood is hoping and praying that will happen again.  She is part of my close group of friends and Ashly decided we needed to band together and wear "cancer socks" for her.  Here is a pretty fuzzy picture taken at night with my phone of us together sporting our socks.



1 comment:

  1. We didn't talk about any of these things today! I am sorry you have had such a sad week.

    ReplyDelete