Merry Christmas!
After finishing up presents in the morning, I baked my three pies, got the kids ready, and we headed over to Cousin Kay's house. I have never made three pies or been the only one bringing pie, so I was pretty nervous and didn't want to mess them up. I took a pie class last month and wanted to test out my new skills, but it was a big audience for that! I made a berry, apple, and pumpkin, and they turned out pretty delicious. Everyone had a different favorite, but it was nice after all the work and time on them to have people appreciate them so much. Even if they were just being nice...I'm grateful! We had a very delicious Christmas dinner with our traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, pasta, and jello salad. Matisyn was so excited because she got to sit next to Grandma Karen at the big table. She ate so well and was so well behaved and proud to get to sit there. The girls were so good all day and loved getting to perform and show off for a captive audience. We brought over one of Matisyn's presents from Grandma Karen, a Disney Karaoke Wii Game with two microphones. The girls were in heaven getting to sing their songs into the mics. It was a great day with food and family! Thanks Grandma Karen for helping us to have such a wonderful holiday couple of weeks together!
Matisyn sitting at the big table. I wish this picture would have turned out. She was so cute!
I love Emilyn looking up at Matisyn for the picture. That is how it is so much of the time. She wants to be just like her big sister!
Matisyn so grateful for her applause!

No comments:
Post a Comment