Wednesday, January 11, 2012

San Francisco

San Francisco
December 27

We took a day trip into San Francisco a couple days after Christmas.  We filled the car with Grandma Karen, Matt, me, Chunk, Heather, Matisyn, and Emilyn.  We went first into Sausalito to the discovery museum there.  The museum was really fun for the girls, and I'm grateful for the adults being good sports about going.  I loved getting to cross the Golden Gate Bridge and get the view from the other side.  The highlight at the museum was a set of windows that they had for the kids to paint on, spray and wipe off.  They could have kept playing at it for long time.  We headed back into the city for lunch at Bubba Gump's on Pier 39, rode the carousel on the pier, visited the sea lions, and had ice cream at Ghiradelli Square.  I had read about a giant gingerbread house at a hotel in San Francisco in one of my magazines.  Matt and James were ready to go home, and I didn't want to fight them, but Heather came to my rescue, found directions on her phone, and off we went to find it!  It did not disappoint.  It was huge and beautiful and I'm glad we made time for it.  Thanks Heather for not letting me give up!





































 Alcatraz behind us



























1 comment: